So, as i said at the beginning of class I'm moving to California, and now it's down to the last couple weeks. I had signed up for creative writing hoping to try and pursue it while still attending school for a usable psych degree. But after time had passed before the class even started i began to doubt my ability to even produce anything on paper let alone anything good. Since the class and especially since reading Goldberg i have found a bit of inspiration.
The last packet of work handed out on the last Thursday of class helped me to curb my fears. When i was growing up and going to school i felt that i was never a good writer because i have a tendency to focus on the content and less on grammar and spelling, that of which i have never been good at. The creative part was always the part i enjoyed doing. I have always written in a journal and it is nice to read in someone else's writing and out of the mouth of a teacher that just writing helps you become better at it. It is important to have some knowledge of grammar but when it come to writing that isn't the most important factor as they often teach in grade school.
I have to say that all of the examples of the popular and published unusual creative works in the class give me hope that one day i could write a piece and have it be published. I have a hard time with thinking of a plot in the story, and often write pieces that stand alone as an idea or an image. It was great to learn in class that there are people out there that may find it interesting and want to read. In psychology i have learned that generally as a human race, we desire to be heard. I hope that one day i will be able to combine my knowledge of psych and a passion for writing and be heard, and maybe even help change something for the better.
No comments:
Post a Comment