Monday, October 18, 2010

Blog Response For Fiction pack and Bok

So i seemed to be confused to what blog response are assigned to which days of the week. On the class website it says we are supposed to do a blog response on Gladman, but in my syllabus i had written down that the blog response is supposed to be on Bok. And i completely missed where on the class blog it was posted to do a blog response on the fiction packet or packets. So i decided to do a blog response on Bok and the Fiction packets and hope that the one for Gladman is due this upcoming week.

The fiction packets we received in class seemed to me not all that dissimilar from the poetry packets in both content and in form. I felt that the content in all of the packet have been kind of subjective. That all of the content is a type of writing that is a little obscure and leaves you thinking about what the writing really meant. I felt that in the fiction packets there was a lack of story, in the traditional sense. Like the Colonel, I wasn't sure if it was an excerpt of a larger story, it left me guessing and not in a good way. I felt that many of the stories in from and in poetic language were absolutely amazing, all of the stories displayed this unbelievable information giving way to such vivid pictures. I felt that you could really imagine the places and the people and the things around you. I really disliked that the stories lacked a certain plot, many of them left me angry with wanting some kind of explanation of what was really going on. I felt that in many of the stories there was much effort spent in the detail in the stories to put you there right next to the character, but most of the time i hadn't any idea what was going on, ie Point and Line. I wasn't sure if it was part of a bigger works and if reading that would help me understand the authors point a little more. I have to say all in all i had initially disliked to fiction packets, but being in class and talking about them help me to like them more for their form as opposed to their content.

Eunoia I believe is the title of one of Boks poems. I have to say that is was much more than a poem, it was a series of poems that display what i think is Boks biggest attribute in this poetry, which is his amazing vocabulary. When i was reading these poems i noticed a few things. Many of the words in the poems were of a different language, I also noticed that there were a lot of works that i had to look up and were astonishingly awesome in the series. And the most important thing i noticed was that all of the words in all of the series were spelled with the letter e, it wasn't just the spelling but it seemed as if all of the words flowed together so well with the e sound. Kind of like music. And the style with which the poem were presented were were really neat and modern. I enjoyed them very much. After listening to the audio clips Bok has just grown on me immensely. I found his words to be phonetically pleasing, and his content was often very humorous. I have to say that Mushroom Cloud was by far my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment